Who Gets Tested Now?
After You’ve Been Tested
After you’ve been tested for Influenza or Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
These are both highly contagious viral illnesses and you must understand your responsibility to yourself, house mates (CCP- Consensually Consistent Pod) and your community.
- Until you
get your test results back, assume you have the viral illness.
- DO NOT TRAVEL
- Put yourself into quarantine for 14 days or until you get a negative result.
- Until you
get a negative test, or if POSITIVE for either illness:
- ISOLATE yourself into a separate room of your home to avoid infecting your house mates. (14 days if Positive)
- Designate a
separate bathroom for your use only if possible.
- If not possible, use a 70% alcohol solution to wipe down every surface, doorknob, toilet handle, toilet seat, floor in front of toilet, sink handles, counter tops and anything else you touch.
- Use separate towels and linens and wash daily.
- Do not prepare food for other house mates
- Follow the 20/20 rule. Wash hands every twenty minutes for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Only treat a fever over 102 F with Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- Consume warm liquids every 20 minutes to keep viral count in throat to minimum.
- If you become short of breath, immediately contact your doctor or hospital for guidance, go to closest Emergency room or call 911.
- Shower daily! Personal hygiene is critically important to your well being
- Wear a mask in the presence of any other human
- Do not stop your other medications!
If you have underlying health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, etc., be extra diligent to maintain the control of these at this time.
To find out if a Telemedicine Visit can work for you, call (530) 246-4629
We use SKYPE for your visit – DOWNLOAD in advance!
Search Skype for live:hilltopmedicalclinic
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office for a telemedicine visit with a medical practitioner. (530) 221-1565
By Dr. Nancy Sutton Pierce
Health Educator & PR/Media Liaison
PRESS: Contact for PR or Media – DrNancy@DrNSP.com